It’s almost here. The start of Legion FC’s 2020 campaign is right around the corner, July 15 to be exact. Is there any better way to begin the new season with a huge opportunity to throttle a Memphis 901 squad right here in The Magic City?
According to a press release, Birmingham Legion FC announced that the club will begin the 2020 USL Championship season at home on Wednesday, July 15 at 7 pm vs. regional rival Memphis. To add to the intensity of the contest, the game will be aired on ESPN2 for the entire nation to witness.
Many local and federal health and safety protocols will be put into place and BBVA Field’s capacity will be limited. All Legion FC season ticket holders will be able to attend this contest, along with all other home matches, and will have a specific, socially distanced seat location within the complex.
A limited amount of single game tickets for this match are available for purchase, and tickets are being sold in groups of 2 and 4 to help maintain social distancing.
The full USL Championship schedule has been released by the league and can be viewed on the Legion FC site.
Listed below are a set of social distancing protocols for the Legion FC 2020 season, issued by the club in a press release.
– The stadium capacity will be limited but able to accommodate all Legion FC season ticket holders.
– Legion FC has developed a socially distant seating plan for the 2020 season that provides for a minimum of six feet of distance between groups of fans attending matches together (i.e. families), including areas previously designated as General Admission.
– Sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the stadium to provide CDC-approved alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
– Prior to, and during the match, restrooms and other high traffic areas and fan contact areas like concessions counters and grandstand railings will be regularly sprayed and wiped with CDC-approved alcohol-based sanitizer.
– Fans will be required to wear face masks upon entering the stadium and fans will be instructed to wear masks at all times when not seated in their assigned seat.
– All staff will be required to wear masks, adhere to social distancing, and must pass a temperature check and health screening before entering the stadium on matchday.
– BBVA Field will be a “cashless” environment for the 2020 season.